SoundCloud is a popular online platform that allows users to upload, share, and listen to audio content. The platform was launched in 2007 and has since become a hub for music artists, podcasters, and other audio creators to share their work with a global audience.
Publishing your audio podcast to the iTunes store can help you reach a wider audience and increase the visibility of your podcast. Here’s how to publish your audio podcast to the iTunes store using SoundCloud:
1. Create a SoundCloud account: If you haven’t already, create a SoundCloud account. SoundCloud offers both free and paid plans, but the free plan is sufficient for most podcasters.
2. Create your podcast episode: Record and edit your podcast episode using your preferred software, such as Audacity or GarageBand. Make sure your podcast meets the iTunes submission requirements, which include having a minimum audio quality of 96 kbps and a maximum length of 2 hours.
3. Upload your podcast episode to SoundCloud: Once you have your finished podcast episode, upload it to your SoundCloud account. Make sure you add a title, description, and any relevant tags to your episode.
4. Enable RSS feed: To submit your podcast to the iTunes store, you’ll need to enable your RSS feed. Go to your SoundCloud settings and click on the “Content” tab. Under “Distribution,” toggle on the “RSS feed” option.
5. Copy your RSS feed URL: Once your RSS feed is enabled, copy the RSS feed URL. You can find this by clicking the “RSS feed” button under “Content” in your SoundCloud settings.
6. Submit your podcast to the iTunes store: Go to the iTunes Connect website and sign in using your Apple ID. Click on the “My Podcasts” tab and then click the “+” button to add a new podcast. Fill out the required information, including your podcast title, description, and artwork. Under “Feed,” paste your RSS feed URL that you copied from SoundCloud. Click “Submit” to submit your podcast to the iTunes store.
7. Wait for approval: It may take up to 24 hours for your podcast to be approved by the iTunes store. Once it’s approved, your podcast will be available to listeners on the iTunes store.
By following these steps, you can easily publish your audio podcast to the iTunes store using SoundCloud.
Some of the key uses of SoundCloud include:
1. Music sharing: SoundCloud is a popular platform for independent musicians and producers to share their music with a wider audience. Many up-and-coming artists use SoundCloud to showcase their work and gain exposure.
2. Podcasting: SoundCloud is also a popular platform for podcasters to host and distribute their podcasts. SoundCloud offers features such as RSS feeds and embeddable players that make it easy to distribute podcasts on other platforms, such as iTunes.
3. Audio advertising: SoundCloud also offers advertising options for businesses looking to promote their products or services through audio content. Advertisers can create audio ads and target them to specific SoundCloud users based on their interests and behaviours.
4. Community building: SoundCloud allows users to connect with other like-minded individuals who share similar interests in music, podcasts, and other audio content. Users can comment on and share each other’s content, creating a sense of community around a shared passion.
Overall, SoundCloud provides a versatile platform for audio creators to share their work and connect with a global audience. Whether you’re a musician, podcaster, or advertiser, SoundCloud offers a range of features and tools to help you reach your goals.