Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service that allows users to store, share, and access files from anywhere with an internet connection. Users can store a variety of file types, including documents, spreadsheets, photos, videos, and more, and can organize them into folders for easy access.
One of the biggest advantages of Google Drive is its integration with other Google services, such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, which allows users to create, edit, and collaborate on files in real time. Additionally, Google Drive offers robust sharing and collaboration features, allowing users to share files with specific individuals or groups, and control the level of access each person has to the file.
Overall, Google Drive is a powerful tool for individuals and teams who need to store and collaborate on files, without the limitations of traditional desktop-based storage solutions.
If you have permanently deleted files from your Google Drive, there is still a chance to recover them, although it is not guaranteed. Here are the steps you can take:
- Go to the Google Drive website and sign in to your account to Recover Permanently Deleted Files.
- Click on the “Trash” option on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Look for the deleted files that you want to recover. If the files are not there, they may have been deleted more than 25 days ago, which means they are permanently gone and cannot be recovered.
- If the files are still in the trash, select them and click on the “Restore” option. The files will be moved back to their original location in your Google Drive.
If the files are not in the trash, there is still a chance to recover them through the Google Drive support team. Follow these steps:
- Click on the “Help” icon in the top-right corner of the Google Drive website.
- Click on “Contact us” at the bottom of the help menu.
- Fill out the form with details about the deleted files, including the date and time they were deleted, and any other relevant information.
- Submit the form and wait for a response from the Google Drive support team.
Note that there is no guarantee that the support team will be able to recover your files, so it is always a good idea to regularly backup important files to avoid losing them permanently.
There’s also an alternate method to recover the files which are deleted permanently from the drive.
- Check your Google Drive trash: Deleted files in Google Drive are moved to the trash folder. If you have deleted files recently, check your Google Drive trash folder to see if you can restore them.
- Use the Google Drive restore feature: Google Drive has a built-in feature that allows you to restore deleted files. To do this, open the Google Drive website, click on the trash folder, select the file you want to restore, and click the “Restore” button.
- Check the “Activity” page: Google Drive keeps a record of all file activity, including when files are deleted. If you have permanently deleted files, you can check the “Activity” page to see if you can restore them.
- Use third-party data recovery tools: If the above methods don’t work, you can try using third-party data recovery tools like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Recuva, or Disk Drill. These tools scan your Google Drive account and attempt to recover deleted files.